Thursday 18 June 2015

Choose To Forgive



I am born again, spirit –filled and a doer of God’s word. I pray and preach to lost souls, I give to the needy and I never forsake the gathering of the brethren. I’m pretty much a sound Christian. But..... I hate when people take me or my kindness for granted, when they lie, gossip and peddle all sorts of false stories about me. So the deal is, when this happens, I show my other side (trust me, it’s not a pretty sight). Ps: *That is my flesh talking *

Does this sound like you or is it just me? Lolz
  Some days ago, I had all sorts of issues with some of my friends and it lit my emotions up. I was sad, hurt, angry and vindictive. So I started thinking on how to get back (punish) at them for hurting me so much. The more I thought about it, the more my pain grew. I whined and complained to God about how much they hurt me when all I did was love them (at least I thought so).  At some point, I gave up and chose the option the Holy Spirit presented from the very beginning – forgiveness and started praying for grace and a heart to love them enough to let go.

Forgiveness does not mean making excuses for the person who hurt you or justifying the wrong but a DECISION to pardon, let go of resentment and waive any negative feeling or desire for punishment. It is never easy but it’s a commandment we must obey and a test of our love for God and for man. 

Love is a Choice and so is forgiveness. You can choose to forgive and be happy, or you can choose not to and let bitterness and pain grow in your life. But whatever you choose consider this -: YOU are the sole beneficiary of your choice. The JOY (of forgiving and moving on) or the PAIN ( of holding on to the grudge) will be on you. So, for the benefit of your sanity and walk with God, please choose to forgive. It wasn’t easy when Christ chose to give His life for us to be granted forgiveness and it won’t be easy for you to forgive those who hurt you but forgive anyway.

Back to my story.....I forgave them and woke up this morning feeling really good, I wasn’t vindictive or angry. I prayed for them and asked God to teach me to love like Him- without regret or repentance, you too can do the same.
 Receive grace to love like Jesus. Have a blessed week 

No comments:

Post a Comment